Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wearing Sexy

I commented yesterday on Twitter that I had found my own private shoe hell. This past weekend, the last of my regular dress shoes I wear every day fell apart. Definitely not my best look. So, in a moment of inspiration, I decided to buy a few pairs sexy shoes instead of my normal, practical ones. And let me tell you…they are hot. Kitten-heeled, open-toed, strappy…I ran the gambit. They just look beautiful, and they require a perfectly manicured foot. And I think I have a bit more wiggle in my walk. Sexy.

But what I failed to remember is that such beauty comes at a price; comfort is sacrificed. Is it worth it? I posed that very question. Out of the responses I received, every last one of them said sexy shoes are worth it. Which led me to think, what else are we wearing that is sexy for the sake of being sexy?

Chances are, you have a piece of clothing, a pair of shoes, or an accessory that makes you feel like a goddess, that you wear simply for the fact that you know you are amazing in it. The little black dress, a tank top, and even a man's shirt can be hot…as long as you feel great when it's on.

I'm reminded of an afternoon I spent with a girlfriend. We had gone to a jewelry making class and were working on necklaces. I remember her sitting there, talking nonchalantly that she liked to make big, bold pieces because she felt really sexy when she was wearing only the jewelry. I'm sure I paraphrased her too concisely, but that was the gist of it. I can totally imagine feeling powerful and conquering my target if I was properly adorned.

In the scheme of things, I don't suppose it doesn't much matter what we wear, so long as we feel beautiful and confident in it. And that we smile. That just might be the sexiest thing any of us could ever wear.

Want to see what the sexiest characters in our books are wearing? Buy a download at www.erotiquepress.com

2 comments:

Anabel Blue said...

Well said! I, too, have a pair of shoes that I just *love*, lots of black cross straps from toe to ankle, very sexy and daring. But do I have to tell you that they kill my feet, not to mention that the height does horrible things to my back!

But I wear them, occasionally. I am prudent about taking them off as soon as I can, not walking long distances in them, etc. I wore them to dinner at the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. Oh, and a cute spunky dress, too.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the right shoes can make or break an outfit - and certainly go a long way to getting "the looks". I love heels the higher the better - I've been known to dance them into shreds, but I love them.
Cricket
http://www.cricket-sawyer.com