Thursday, September 18, 2008

Impending Release

Hey, now. I didn't mean it that way.

Okay, maybe I did.

I'm really excited about the impending release of my next book, Carved in Stone. It's coincidentally coming out during hurricane season; a hurricane plays a fairly major role. The story is set on the Mississippi Gulf coast, where I spent a great deal of time when I was growing up in New Orleans. And the hurricane scenes drew on my experiences living through Betsy, many years ago.

I think it's interesting the way life goes in circles, or, more accurately, spirals (I'm an engineer -- there's a big difference between circles and spirals). I was the first Erotique Press author published (Rescued by Laura Rose is mine!) a few years back. Since that time, I've had quite a few books out from Echelon Press LLC, Five Star, Zumaya Publications, and now from Kensington and Silhouette, where I write as Lydia Parks. But Carved in Stone was only the second book I sold. (Don't worry, it has been much edited since then!) In a way, it feels like I'm coming home.

I hope you enjoy the story. I'll be giving away a signed copy on my Newsletter,
so feel free to sign up. The winner is drawn at random from the members.

I look forward to participating in the Allure of Passion blog. If you have questions, please ask! In case you don't know, we writers love to talk about our books and writing.

Sarah

No comments: